What to Pack for the Hospital
By weeks 35 and 36 you should be packing your hospital bag as your little one can arrive at anytime. Here are a few suggestions for things that you should pack in your bag for the hospital. This is only a guideline as some hospitals have restrictions on what you can bring. If you are unsure, it never hurts to ask.
- Maternity pads (your local drugstore will have them)
- Nursing bra and tops that are easy for you to access if you are breast-feeding.
- Outfits for the baby: It is usually easiest to have newborn gowns, since you will be undergoing frequent tests and many diaper changes while in the hospital. Don´t forget the "going home" outfit!
- Diaper Bag & Car seat: Please remember that your baby will not be allowed to leave the hospital without the nurses and doctors checking out your car seat and making sure it meets all the safety guidelines.
- music/ipod/books/magazines: anything that you will be able to use as a means of distraction when you are in labour.
- your own pillow: Many hospitals have decent pillows but some offer only those small ones. It is always nice to have the comfort of home at such times.